Subject: [PATCH] Allow non-hcall return values for lparcfg writes

From: Nathan Fontenot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:27:06 -0500

The code to handle writes to /proc/ppc64/lparcfg incorrectly
assumes that the return code from the helper routines to update
processor or memory entitlement return a hcall return value. It
then assumes any non-hcall return value is bad and sets the return
code for the write to be -EIO.

The update_[mp]pp routines can return values other than a hcall
return value. This patch removes the automatic setting of any
return code that is not an hcall return value from these routines
to -EIO.

NOTE: This patch applies on top of the CMO patches and my previous
patch for lparcfg.c.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Fontenot <[email-masked]>
---

Index: linux-2.6.git/arch/powerpc/kernel/lparcfg.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6.git.orig/arch/powerpc/kernel/lparcfg.c	2008-07-23 13:40:50.000000000 -0500
+++ linux-2.6.git/arch/powerpc/kernel/lparcfg.c	2008-07-25 13:06:06.000000000 -0500
@@ -636,10 +636,6 @@
 		retval = -EIO;
 	} else if (retval == H_PARAMETER) {
 		retval = -EINVAL;
-	} else {
-		printk(KERN_WARNING "%s: received unknown hv return code %ld",
-		       __func__, retval);
-		retval = -EIO;
 	}
 
 	return retval;