Subject: U-boot and Xilinx emaclite, TX_PING_PONG -> stops working

From: Philipp Hachtmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 21:53:19 +0200

Hi all,

I use a Xilinx Virtex-4FX (with powerpc) Board (Ml403) with U-boot and
Linux.

I am currently wondering if someone has experience with the emaclite
driver. When I unset the "ping pong" (double buffering) parameters of
the core, I can use it unter Linux and U-boot. But the performance is
near to non-functional (wget tells me about 10kByte/sec).
Then I switched to double buffering. Now it runs very well - but only
under Linux.

I found a driver (xilinx_emaclite.c) in the U-boot git. That completely
refuses to work correctly (of course with parameters corrected). The
other driver I once found "somewhere" (in the Petalinux distribution).
It at least worked without the double buffering. Both drivers talk about
the ping pong options in their source, so I think they *should* know
about it.

Does anyone know that problem? Is there an improved driver around?

Best wishes,

Philipp

-- 
http://www.hachti.de