Subject: [PATCH] powerpc: Check rc of notifier chain for memory remove

From: Nathan Fontenot <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 14:33:34 -0500

The return code from invocation of the notifier for
pSeries_reconfig_chain during update of the device tree is not 
checked.  This causes writes to /proc/ppc64/ofdt to update memory
properties (i.e. ibm,dyamic-reconfiguration-memory) to always 
return success, instead of the result of the notifier chain.

This happens specifically when we remove/add memory from the
device tree on machines using memory specified in the
ibm,dynamic-reconfiguration-memory property of the device tree.

Signed-off-by: Nathan Fontenot <[email-masked]>
---

Index: linux-2.6-paulus/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/reconfig.c
===================================================================
--- linux-2.6-paulus.orig/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/reconfig.c	2008-08-25 13:08:27.000000000 -0500
+++ linux-2.6-paulus/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/reconfig.c	2008-08-25 13:45:12.000000000 -0500
@@ -466,11 +466,11 @@
 		else
 			action = PSERIES_DRCONF_MEM_REMOVE;
 
-		blocking_notifier_call_chain(&pSeries_reconfig_chain,
-					     action, value);
+		rc = blocking_notifier_call_chain(&pSeries_reconfig_chain,
+						  action, value);
 	}
 
-	return 0;
+	return rc;
 }
 
 /**