Subject: Re: DTS question

From: Gary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:14:38 -0600

David Gibson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 03:56:30PM -0600, Gary Thomas wrote:
   <snip>
>> What gives?  Why is explicit hex sometimes an error and sometimes not?
> 
> Because we changed the format at one point.  Originally (the "dts-v0"
> format) it was implicitly hex everywhere, which turned out to be a
> mistake.  So we introduced the new dts-v1 format which uses C-style
> literals.  New-style files are marked with a /dts-v1/; token at the
> top of the file.

Gotcha, thanks.  Not sure where I picked up the dts-v0 file I based
my platform on, but at least now I understand the magic.

>> Is the format of this file documented anywhere (I've not found it)?
> 
> It's in Documentation/dts-format.txt in the dtc tree.  I don't think
> that's been included in the version of dtc in the kernel tree, though,
> so you'll need to download the standalone dtc.
> 

Where do I find this "dtc" tree?

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
MLB Associates              |    Embedded world
------------------------------------------------------------