Subject: Re: MPC5200 PCI interrupt routing

From: Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:01:57 -0500

Juergen Beisert wrote:
> Hi,
> $ lspci
> 00:18.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 61)
> 00:18.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 61)
> 00:18.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 63)
> 
> USB driver (endianess???) or oftee or hardware problem?
 >
 > Anyone experience with VIA USB hardware on PowerPc?

The USB driver should work fine, I have an Efika (MPC5200B) with that
exact USB controller and revision and it's just fine and dandy. We also
used to ship Via-based USB cards in the Pegasos Open Desktop Workstation
(using Marvell Discovery II northbridge).

The major difference here would be that PCI tree entries were created
by a real OF implementation so may have reflected some hardware better;
it is dynamically created on boot to a certain point, rather than a fixed
device tree which may contain some "errors". There seems to be a lot less
data in our tree...

I can't vouch for the correctness of your tree, though, or tell you
what might be wrong (looks fine as far as I am concerned, but what
do I know? :)

-- 
Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations