Subject: Re: [RFC 0/6] Proposal for a Generic PWM Device API

From: Bill Gatliff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:15:10 -0500

Paul Mundt wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 09:03:34AM -0500, Bill Gatliff wrote:
>> Paul Mundt wrote:
>>> This is likely because some of those lists are subscribers only, so cross
>>> posting is poor form. It makes sense to keep the discussion in one place,
>>> and to send notification messages with a pointer to the list archives to
>>> the other lists so folks can jump in if they really care. Splitting it
>>> out doesn't help matters in the least, but unfortunately this is what
>>> seems to happen the most when subscribers only lists are involved.
>> Alright, then maybe I can do this when I post the "final" changeset for review:
>> cross-post to lkml and linux-embedded, and then post one short note on l-a-k,
>> linuxppc-dev and elsewhere that refers those interested to the actual content.
>> I can live with that.
>>
> linux-arm-kernel is the only one that is subscribers only out of that
> list, according to MAINTAINERS. If rmk wants to mandate a broken policy,
> that's perfectly fine, just don't expect the rest of the kernel community
> to tolerate it.

Problem is, the rest of the kernel community is the one who takes it in the,
ahem, server when I cross-post.  And since my reference platform is currently
ARM, I can't leave l-a-k out.

b.g.
-- 
Bill Gatliff
[email-masked]