Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add new framebuffer driver for Fujitsu MB862xx GDCs

From: Matteo Fortini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:10:55 +0200

Carminefb driver, though, supports 800x600 resolution.

BTW, I tried this patch and I get wrong colors on a patched DirectFB 
which is changing the endianness on the fly. Is this driver already 
taking care of this?

Regards,
M

Anton Vorontsov ha scritto:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 03:50:52PM +0000, Dmitry Baryshkov wrote:
>   
>> Anatolij Gustschin wrote:
>>
>>     
>>> This patch adds framebuffer driver for Fujitsu Carmine/Coral-P(A)/Lime
>>> graphics controllers. Lime GDC support is known to work on PPC440EPx
>>> based lwmon5 and MPC8544E based socrates embedded boards, both equipped
>>> with Lime GDC. Carmine/Coral-P PCI GDC support is known to work on
>>> PPC440EPx based Sequoia board and also on x86 platform.
>>>
>>> Signed-off-by: Anatolij Gustschin <[email-masked]> ---
>>> There are some PPC OF bits, so I'm cc'ing linuxppc-dev list.
>>>       
>> I though there is already carminefb driver.
>>     
>
> FWIW, I quite like Anatolij's driver: it has PCI and OF bindings, plus
> the patch description states that the driver supports Mint controllers
> as well, and I have some hardware that actually needs the support for
> Mint GDCs. (Today we just configure the GDC in the firmware and linux
> use offb.c driver with static setup, w/o ability to change modes e.t.c.)
>
>