Subject: Proposal for a Generic PWM Device API posted on linux-embedded

From: Bill Gatliff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:25:38 -0500

Greetings, all!

I just posted code to implement a Generic PWM Device API to linux-embedded.  If
you need them, archives of that mailing list are available at the following link
(and elsewhere):

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/

Previous versions of this code were posted on linux-arm-kernel, linuxppc-dev,
avr32linux.org and elsewhere.  It's an API that cuts across machine
architectures--- not unlike the GPIO API--- and I really appreciate the
constructive feedback I have received from all corners of the architecture globe.

Multiple reviewers suggested that the best place to review the final code is
linux-embedded, rather than cross-posting all over the place.  I encourage you
to submit your feedback there.

I would love to see this code included in the mainline kernel at some point in
the not-too-distant future.  It has proven very useful to me, I think it will be
useful for many others as well.

Kindest regards,

b.g.
-- 
Bill Gatliff
[email-masked]