Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] ftrace: fixes for PPC

From: "Chris Friesen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:37:05 -0600

Josh Boyer wrote:

 > Are these two merged yet?  I just spent the better part of the morning
 > trying to figure out why various Fedora kernels based on 2.6.27-rcX and
 > 2.6.27 final hung on my G5 and finally got one booting with FTRACE
 > disabled.

Until recently I could boot my G5 with FTRACE enabled, but it totally screwed 
up load balancing.

As of a couple days ago, -tip hung on boot due to the following genirq 
issue:

diff --git a/kernel/irq/chip.c b/kernel/irq/chip.c
index 570d1ea..1c178ae 100644
--- a/kernel/irq/chip.c
+++ b/kernel/irq/chip.c
@@ -132,7 +132,7 @@ int set_irq_type(unsigned int irq, unsigned int type)
    		return 0;

    	spin_lock_irqsave(&desc->lock, flags);
-	ret = __irq_set_trigger(desc, irq, flags);
+	ret = __irq_set_trigger(desc, irq, type);
    	spin_unlock_irqrestore(&desc->lock, flags);
    	return ret;
    }

Chris