Subject: Re: Extended Addressing Mode

From: Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 09:22:59 -0500

Kumar Gala wrote:
> 
> 
> Your bigger issue is if you can setup the DDR controller for the hole 
> you want.

I just remembered;;

~~
The CCSR window always takes precedence over all local access 
windows. However, the CCSR window must not overlap an LAW that 
maps to the DDR controller. Otherwise, undefined behavior occurs.
~~

So, it's not really possible to map 4GB of RAM in the lower 
32-bit area, without interacting badly with the CCSR. This 
means you're forced to select a 2GB LAW for DDR, then leave 
2GB free, then map the rest above.. using more than 2Gb 
therefore absolutely requires non-contiguous memory..?

-- 
Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations