Subject: defconfig doesn't work with MPC8610HPCD

From: Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:35:23 -0500

Hi,

We just tied building a 2.6.27.4 vanilla kernel using the MPC8610
defconfig (for the specific board) and got a zero result from
booting it - complete lack of output on the serial port and no
apparent activity.

We're running U-Boot 1.3.0 and creating the device tree with
something like .

dtc -f -b 0 -I dts -O dtb -R 8 -S 0x3000 -o mpc8610_hpcd.dtb mpc8610_hpcd.dts

(I have no idea what those arguments are for but they were passed to
us by John Rigby for the MPC5121e board. In any case, making a dtb
with just -I dts -O dtb -o blah.dtb blah.dts gives us exactly the
same result so I don't think it is any fault of that).

Any clues why we would get this?

I've had the same problem with my MPC8641D but since I broke it
last week I've not had a chance to actually test it since.

-- 
Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations