Subject: XUPV2P update to kernel 2.6 fails

From: Jan Müller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 21:10:35 +0100

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone got the XUPV2P board successfully up and
running with a recent 2.6 kernel?

I didn't succeed. I tried the newest kernel from xilinx git (2.6.27) and
also an older one, 2.6.22 (also from xilinx git). For the newer I used
the "device-tree" as bsp. For the 2.6.22 I just copied over the
xparameters_ml300.h file.

In both cases no output at all was observable at the uart. Not even a
single sign from the uart at any time...

Strange is, the same download.bit file is working with a 2.4 kernel.
Could it be a kernel .config issue?

But can this really be a software/kernel issue? For the 2.4 kernel there
was an output from the "bootloader"  (some addresses and the
"Loading..." information) even for wrong configured kernels...

On this list I was reading something about setting the uart clockfreq
correctly in the .dts (it was not set at all, I have to stick with EDK
9.1). But this didn't help for me.

To boot the FPGA I have to use an ace file on a cf-disc. For this I use
the download.bit file together with the simpleImage.virtex405-XUPV2P.elf
(on 2.6.27) or zImage (on 2.6.22)...

Any suggestions on this? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Jan