Subject: Re: yaboot: text mode or graphics mode?

From: Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 19:04:52 -0600

They should be mapped into PCI address space with the rest, you should 
note though that a bunch of people have asked this a bunch of times and 
the response is usually null.

If you want to output debugging info, try a serial port, or if you're 
still at the point in boot where the OF is still around, you can still 
output to it (check prom_init.c) and if not, the open firmware 
framebuffer console driver is your best friend..

sumedh tirodkar wrote:
> Isn't there any other way that i can access the VGA registers? So as
> to reconfigure them...
> 
> -Sumedh
> 
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 4:15 AM, Matt Sealey <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> sumedh tirodkar wrote:
>>> I just found out that openfirmware boots into graphics mode(non-text
>>> mode). Now i wish to switch back to text mode. how do i do this?
>> Unfortunately unless you are running some kind of yaboot-accessible or
>> firmware-accessible x86 BIOS emulation, this isn't possible.
>>
>> --
>> Matt
>>