Subject: Re: [QUESTION] 440EPx with PCI to PCIe bridge error

From: "Steven A. Falco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 16:38:48 -0500

Steven A. Falco wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>>> Here is a complete startup log, with debug turned on as you requested.
>>> This is still against 2.6.27.9, as it will take me a little time to
>>> build 2.6.28.  Hopefully, this log will be useful in the meantime.
>> Can you add "debug" to your kernel command line option or send the
>> output of the "dmesg" command please ?
>>

Time to answer my own questions.  U-boot is missing a setting for
CFG_PCI_MEMSIZE in the sequoia.h file.  Four 256MB TLBs are reserved,
but since CFG_PCI_MEMSIZE is not set, the size defaults to 256MB,
rather than the 1GB that is allocated.

So, I added:

#define CFG_PCI_MEMSIZE 0x40000000 /* 1GB */

to sequoia.h.  Now U-boot uses all four TLBs, and that error message
goes away.

But this has no effect on Linux.  So, I also changed the sequoia.dts
to make the outbound range larger, and now Linux is happy too.  I now
have ranges for the device:

# cat 0000:01:00.0/resource
0x0000000190000000 0x000000019007ffff 0x0000000000020200
0x0000000180000000 0x000000018fffffff 0x0000000000020200

	Steve