Subject: Re: [QUESTION] 440EPx with PCI to PCIe bridge error

From: "Steven A. Falco" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 09:45:34 -0500

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> 
>> I'm not sure if this should be changed in the mainline.  This card works
>> out of the box when used with a generic x86 PC, but not when used with
>> a sequoia.  But, maybe it's just me climbing the PPC learning curve.
> 
> Nah, I think 256M is ridiculously small :-) I think the .dts for that
> board should be changed, there is plenty of physical address space
> available on those chips since it's using a 36-bit bus.
> 
> Cheers,
> Ben.
>  

Sheepish grin:  I did more checking, and the current mainline actually has
this set to 1 GB.

The .dts I'm using dates back to 2.6.25.  I had started modifying it for some
custom peripherals we have hacked onto a Sequoia, and I missed the changes
that were made between .25 and .28.

If you think 1 GB is a suitable default, then no further changes are needed.
If you think it should be bigger than 1 GB, then I could submit a patch.

	Steve