Subject: Re: ADS5121 how to use /dev/ttyPSC

From: Matt Sealey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:30:12 -0600

Stefan Strobl wrote:
> Hi
> 
> I'm new to Kernel 2.6 and OF.
> 
> I'm using a ADS5121 board with kernel from denx (ads5121 branch from
> linux-2.6-denx). According to my dts file both PSC3 and PSC4 should be
> accessible through /dev/ttyPSC0 and /dev/ttyPSC1 respectively.
> 
> When I simply try to run: "$ echo "Hello" > /dev/ttyPSC*" I can't see
> any data coming out from the ports.

Are you sending it to just one of them at a time and just abbreviating 
your mail here to include both with a *, or are you really putting that 
asterisk in there when you test?

> And when trying to initialize the ports using termios commands I'm
> getting the Error "Inappropriate ioctl for device".

You're doing this manually or with an application?

> But I can see the driver ttyPSC with major 204 in /proc/devices and I
> can also open the device successfully. I am also able to configure
> either port as CONSOLE in U-Boot so the Hardware is ok.

So you're getting debug output (udbg type stuff) on them?

-- Matt Sealey