Subject: What are the default VMA maps for linux on PPC32?

From: Matthew Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:08:51 -0500

Is there a good source that lists the standard virtual address mappings 
of the various components of linux?  I know the kernel starts at 
0xC000_0000 and user apps start at 0x1000_0000, but things like shared 
objects are much less clear.  For example, the smap entry for my ntpd 
process shows two distinct areas of usage: ~0xf000_0000 and 
~0x3000_0000, but I have no idea what's where and why.  Can anyone shed 
some light on this?  Thanks.

Matt

0fbde000-0fbe2000 r-xp 00000000 00:0c 905394     /lib/libnss_dns-2.3.6.so
0fbe2000-0fbf1000 ---p 00004000 00:0c 905394     /lib/libnss_dns-2.3.6.so
0fbf1000-0fbf2000 r--p 00003000 00:0c 905394     /lib/libnss_dns-2.3.6.so
0fbf2000-0fbf3000 rwxp 00004000 00:0c 905394     /lib/libnss_dns-2.3.6.so
0ffba000-0ffbe000 rwxp 0012a000 00:0c 905395     /lib/libc-2.3.6.so
0ffd0000-0ffe7000 r-xp 00000000 00:0c 905370     /lib/ld-2.3.6.so
0fff6000-0fff7000 r--p 00016000 00:0c 905370     /lib/ld-2.3.6.so
0fff7000-0fff8000 rwxp 00017000 00:0c 905370     /lib/ld-2.3.6.so
 
30009000-3001e000 r-xp 00000000 00:0c 1323564    /usr/lib/libelf-0.108.so
3001e000-3002d000 ---p 00015000 00:0c 1323564    /usr/lib/libelf-0.108.so
3002d000-3002e000 rwxp 00014000 00:0c 1323564    /usr/lib/libelf-0.108.so