Subject: Problem with console init

From: Eduard Fuchs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:06:00 +0100

Hi all,

I'm working on porting of a Linux Kernel ( Linux-2.6.27-rc5) on an
MPC7448 & Marvell 64460 based PowerPC system. At kernel booting,
messages seems as usually on the serial output. Nevertheless at loading
of the system trough NFS, appears only printk messages from the kernel.
By trying to connect with the system via Telnet, returns following error
„telnetd: getpty: No such file or directory“. Node files in „/dev“ are
existing and the same system works just fine with an older Kernel (2.6.12).

The kernel is started with follows parameters (DTS-file):

bootargs = "console=/dev/ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/nfs
nfsroot=192.168.101.87:/mnt/share/uroot
ip=192.168.102.115:192.168.101.87:192.168.100.1:255.255.252.0:board5:eth0:off";

linux,stdout-path = "/system-controller@fbe00000/serial@12000";

May be somebody can give to me some tips, where can be my eventual
problem, or where I have search for errors! If it is necessary, I can
post more information.

Thank you in advance

Best regards,

Eduard Fuchs