Subject: Re: 2.6.28-rt on PowerPC

From: Frank Rowand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:21:55 -0800

Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 00:34 +0300, Anton Vorontsov wrote:
>> Hi Steven,
>>
>> I know 2.6.28-rt isn't yet ready, but I could not resist to try
>> it anyway. ;-)
>>
>> Here are few issues and ways to solve them:
>>
>> Currently the -rt tree doesn't link for arch/powerpc:
>>
>>   LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
>>   arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o: In function `show_interrupts':
>>   (.text+0x27bc): undefined reference to `__call_bad_lock_func'
>>   arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o: In function `show_interrupts':
>>   (.text+0x28b0): undefined reference to `__call_bad_lock_func'
>>   make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
> 
> Thanks! I have not yet had the chance to apply any arch patches yet. I
> do plan on doing so after getting the code mostly working on x86.

Your email can at an opportune time for me...  I was starting to try
2.6.28-rt on ARM and quickly came to the conclusion that the arch
patches weren't the focus yet.  But I'm currently side-tracked with
getting my board to even boot a vanilla 2.6.28 kernel first.  Do
you expect to get to the arches in the next week or two?  If not,
I may head down that path for ARM myself.

Thanks!

-Frank Rowand