Subject: Booting 2.6.29-rc3 on mpc8661d_hpcn failing

From: Martyn Welch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:31:13 +0000

Hi Guys,

It seems that 2.6.29-rc3 is not booting on the MPC8641 HPCN. I have just updated u-boot to the latest git to see if that improved matters, however I get stuck at the following. Any ideas?

Using MPC86xx HPCN machine description                                          
Total memory = 1024MB; using 2048kB for hash table (at cf400000)                
Linux version 2.6.29-rc3-00014-g4cd6797 (welchma@ubuntu8041) (gcc version 4.1.29
Found initrd at 0xcf783000:0xcfe8ab7e                                           
CPU maps initialized for 1 thread per core                                      
console [udbg0] enabled                                                         
setup_arch: bootmem                                                             
mpc86xx_hpcn_setup_arch()                                                       
Found FSL PCI host bridge at 0x00000000ffe08000. Firmware bus number: 0->2      
PCI host bridge /pcie@ffe08000 (primary) ranges:                                
 MEM 0x0000000080000000..0x000000009fffffff -> 0x0000000080000000               
  IO 0x00000000ffc00000..0x00000000ffc0ffff -> 0x0000000000000000               
Found FSL PCI host bridge at 0x00000000ffe09000. Firmware bus number: 0->0      
PCI host bridge /pcie@ffe09000  ranges:                                         
 MEM 0x00000000a0000000..0x00000000bfffffff -> 0x00000000a0000000               
  IO 0x00000000ffc10000..0x00000000ffc1ffff -> 0x0000000000000000               
MPC86xx HPCN board from Freescale Semiconductor                                 
arch: exit                                                                      
Zone PFN ranges:                                                                
  DMA      0x00000000 -> 0x00030000                                             
  Normal   0x00030000 -> 0x00030000                                             
  HighMem  0x00030000 -> 0x00040000                                             
Movable zone start PFN for each node                                            
early_node_map[1] active PFN ranges                                             
    0: 0x00000000 -> 0x00040000                                                 
Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 260096     
Kernel command line:                                                            
mpic: Setting up MPIC " MPIC     " version 1.2 at ffe40000, max 2 CPUs          
mpic: ISU size: 256, shift: 8, mask: ff                                         
mpic: Initializing for 256 sources                                              
i8259 legacy interrupt controller initialized                                   
PID hash table entries: 4096 (order: 12, 16384 bytes)                           
clocksource: timebase mult[2800000] shift[22] registered                        
Console: colour dummy device 80x25                                              
Dentry cache hash table entries: 131072 (order: 7, 524288 bytes)                
Inode-cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)                  
Memory: 1023696k/1048576k available (4968k kernel code, 23968k reserved, 160k d)
SLUB: Genslabs=12, HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=2, Nodes=1         
Calibrating delay loop... 199.68 BogoMIPS (lpj=99840)                           
Mount-cache hash table entries: 512                                             
mpic: requesting IPIs ...                                                       
Processor 1 found.                                                              

Martyn
-- 
Martyn Welch MEng MPhil MIET (Principal Software Engineer)   T:+44(0)1327322748
GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms Ltd,        |Registered in England and Wales
Tove Valley Business Park, Towcester,      |(3828642) at 100 Barbirolli Square,
Northants, NN12 6PF, UK T:+44(0)1327359444 |Manchester,M2 3AB  VAT:GB 729849476