Subject: Re: How to bring up fs_enet on 2.6.27?

From: Mike Ditto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 01:25:59 -0800

Daniel Ng wrote:
>> Now, I'm seeing these boot messages:
>>
>> f0010d40:00 not found
>> eth0: Could not attach to PHY

Daniel,

These messages are typical of having the wrong GPIO pins in the mdio
node or the wrong MDIO address (reg property) in the ethernet-phy node.

>> Currently, our PHY
>> attributes eg. 'auto-negotiate' are not changeable, so we aren't
>> actually using MDC+MDIO even the MDC+MDIO lines exist.

The driver definitely tries to talk to the PHY using the GPIO pins
and address specified and if it doesn't respond, it won't attach.

>> Also, the PHY
>> interrupt line is not wired up. Hence the PHY0 interrupts field is <0
>> 8> (or should it be removed altogether?).

The mdio driver works without interrupts.  I have no interrupt-parent
or interrupts properties on my ethernet-phy node.

					-=] Mike [=-