Subject: 2.6.29-rc6-git6 defconfig build failure

From: "Sachin P. Sant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:20:06 +0530

2.6.29-rc6-git6 ppc64_defconfig build fails with 

arch/powerpc/kernel/built-in.o: In function `.of_pci_phb_probe':
of_platform.c:(.devinit.text+0xe0): undefined reference to `.pcibios_claim_one_bus'
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.remove_phb_dynamic':
(.text+0x120fc): undefined reference to `.pcibios_unmap_io_space'
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.pcibios_add_pci_devices':
(.text+0x12338): undefined reference to `.pcibios_finish_adding_to_bus'
arch/powerpc/platforms/built-in.o: In function `.init_phb_dynamic':
(.devinit.text+0x6ec): undefined reference to `.pcibios_finish_adding_to_bus'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

git5 did not have this problem as CONFIG_HOTPLUG was set with ppc64_defconfig.
With git6 defconfig there is no CONFIG_HOTPLUG

# grep CONFIG_HOTPLUG linux-2.6.29-rc6-git6/.config
# 

# grep CONFIG_HOTPLUG linux-2.6.29-rc6-git5/.config
CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU=y
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI=m
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_FAKE is not set
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_CPCI is not set
# CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_SHPC is not set
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_RPA=m
CONFIG_HOTPLUG_PCI_RPA_DLPAR=m

Thanks
-Sachin

-- 

---------------------------------
Sachin Sant
IBM Linux Technology Center
India Systems and Technology Labs
Bangalore, India
---------------------------------