Subject: Next 12 : arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram build failure

From: Sachin Sant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:59:46 +0530

Hi Stephen,

Today's next randconfig build on powerpc fails with

  CC [M]  arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.o
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:108: warning: ‘struct request_queue’ declared inside parameter list
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:108: warning: its scope is only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c: In function ‘axon_ram_make_request’:
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:110: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:118: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:121: error: implicit declaration of function ‘bio_for_each_segment’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:121: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:112: warning: unused variable ‘user_mem’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c: In function ‘axon_ram_direct_access’:
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:150: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:155: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c: At top level:
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:168: error: variable ‘axon_ram_devops’ has initializer but incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:169: error: unknown field ‘owner’ specified in initializer
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:169: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:169: warning: (near initialization for ‘axon_ram_devops’)
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:170: error: unknown field ‘direct_access’ specified in initializer
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:171: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:171: warning: (near initialization for ‘axon_ram_devops’)
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c: In function ‘axon_ram_probe’:
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:228: error: implicit declaration of function ‘alloc_disk’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:228: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:235: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:236: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:237: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:238: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:239: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:241: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:244: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:244: error: implicit declaration of function ‘blk_alloc_queue’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:245: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:251: error: implicit declaration of function ‘set_capacity’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:252: error: implicit declaration of function ‘blk_queue_make_request’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:252: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:253: error: implicit declaration of function ‘blk_queue_hardsect_size’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:253: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:254: error: implicit declaration of function ‘add_disk’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:264: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:279: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:288: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:289: error: implicit declaration of function ‘unregister_blkdev’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:289: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:290: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:291: error: implicit declaration of function ‘del_gendisk’
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c: In function ‘axon_ram_init’:
arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.c:345: error: implicit declaration of function ‘register_blkdev’
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/sysdev/axonram.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/powerpc/sysdev] Error 2

CONFIG_BLOCK is not set.

Thanks
-Sachin

-- 

---------------------------------
Sachin Sant
IBM Linux Technology Center
India Systems and Technology Labs
Bangalore, India
---------------------------------