Subject: Re: [PATCH] Set error_state to pci_channel_io_normal in eeh_report_reset()

From: Mike Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 11:55:48 -0700

Paul Mackerras wrote:

Mike Mason writes:

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c
b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c
index 380420f..9a2a6e3 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_driver.c
@@ -182,6 +182,8 @@ static void eeh_report_reset(struct pci_dev *dev,
void *userdata)
if (!driver)
return;

+ dev->error_state = pci_channel_io_normal;
+
eeh_enable_irq(dev);

if (!driver->err_handler ||

Your mail client totally mangled the whitespace. I fixed it up and
applied it, since the patch was small, but in future please fix your
mail client so it doesn't do that.

Sorry about that.

It sounds like this patch needs to be applied to earlier kernel
versions -- do you agree?

Maybe.  The only drivers that care at this point are the emulex and
qlogic drivers with native eeh support.  How far back would you
typically apply a patch like this?  I'm submitting it for inclusion in
SLES 10 & 11 and RHEL 5.

Mike

Paul.