Subject: Re: Using archaic I2C with OF

From: Gary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 08:50:35 -0600

Jon Smirl wrote:
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Jon Smirl <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Gary Thomas <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> I'd like to use an existing I2C driver (a touchscreen device)
>>> with my 834x based platform.  How do I arrange to provide
>>> platform data (i2c_client->dev.platform_data) from my OF world?
>> It is easier to convert the i2c driver to work in the current model.
> 
> All in-tree drivers have already been converted.

I'm looking at drivers/input/touchscreen/tsc2007.c (the one I need)
from Kumar's 'next' tree.  It most definitely still uses the old
model.

Can you suggest another place to look?

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
MLB Associates              |    Embedded world
------------------------------------------------------------