Subject: [PowerPC] 2.6.30-git3 build break : perf counters

From: Sachin Sant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:21:09 +0530

2.6.30-git3 build with CONFIG_PERF_COUNTERS=y failed on a powerpc box.

 CC      arch/powerpc/kernel/power7-pmu.o
arch/powerpc/kernel/power7-pmu.c:297: error: PERF_COUNT_CPU_CYCLES undeclared here (not in a function)
arch/powerpc/kernel/power7-pmu.c:297: error: array index in initializer not of integer type
arch/powerpc/kernel/power7-pmu.c:297: error: (near initialization for power7_generic_events)
arch/powerpc/kernel/power7-pmu.c:298: error: PERF_COUNT_INSTRUCTIONS undeclared here (not in a function)
arch/powerpc/kernel/power7-pmu.c:298: error: array index in initializer not of integer type
......<SNIP>......

Porbably because of commit 526e9a09d2e2dcb6c75c68710465678bb647e5fe

Thanks
-Sachin

-- 

---------------------------------
Sachin Sant
IBM Linux Technology Center
India Systems and Technology Labs
Bangalore, India
---------------------------------