Subject: Re: PowerPC PCI DMA issues (prefetch/coherency?)

From: Chris Pringle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:58:19 +0100

> You could enable CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE.
>
I've just tried this (I had to edit Kconfig in power/platforms to make 
the build system accept it), and interestingly it's making no 
difference. I'm using streaming mappings, and are using the pci_map_sg 
functions to ensure the memory is mapped/flushed correctly. I've also 
explicitly put in a pci_dma_sync_sg_for_device, however that's also not 
made any difference. Turning the cpu cache snoop off has the same affect 
as it did without CONFIG_NOT_COHERENT_CACHE; it gets much worse. Any 
other ideas?

Will back off the low latency patches next, and give 2.6.30 a try - see 
if that makes any difference.

-- 

______________________________
Chris Pringle
Software Engineer

Miranda Technologies Ltd.
Hithercroft Road
Wallingford
Oxfordshire OX10 9DG
UK

Tel. +44 1491 820206
Fax. +44 1491 820001
www.miranda.com

____________________________

Miranda Technologies Limited
Registered in England and Wales CN 02017053
Registered Office: James House, Mere Park, Dedmere Road, Marlow, Bucks, SL7 1FJ