Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/2] fsldma: Add DMA_SLAVE support

From: Dan Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:56:22 -0700

Kumar Gala wrote:
>>> Kumar, Leo,
>>>
>>> Can I get your acked-by's for the current state of async_tx.git/ 
>>> next?  I
>>> just pushed out Ira's latest so it may take a moment to mirror out.
>> Acked-by: Li Yang <[email-masked]>
>>
>> However, the addition of arch/powerpc/include/asm/fsldma.h still needs
>> the ack from Kumar.  It doesn't seem to be a common practice though.
> 
> hmm, why are we moving fsldma.h?

There are now two fsldma.h files.

drivers/dma/fsldma.h: no changes, houses the private driver 
implementation details.

arch/powerpc/include/asm/fsldma.h: adds some helper routines and 
definitions for the DMA_SLAVE capability of the driver.  It defines an 
interface for other drivers to use fsldma to initiate device-to-memory 
dma.  Any drivers that use the interface will depend on CONFIG_FSL_DMA 
hence placing this public header under arch/powerpc/include.