Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/8] 8xx: Fixup DAR from buggy dcbX instructions.

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:14:48 -0500

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>> With that, I don't see the hard lockup, but things get stuck during
> 
> You needed both to loose the hard lockup? I would think
> it should be enough to revert the "various copy routines" stuff?

No, but when I just reverted the patch and didn't change the TLB error handler, 
I got some other weirdness (assertion failure in some userspace program).  It 
may have been coincidental, though.

>> I think there's something else going on in the 2.6 8xx code that needs
>> to be fixed before we can tell what the impact of these patches is.
>> I'll look into it.
> 
> Great because I am really out of ideas. Perhaps back down to 2.6.30 and test
> from there?

I think the last working version was a little older than that -- and it's quite 
possible that there was underlying badness even earlier that just recently got 
exposed.  I think I want to just debug it and find out what's really going on.

-Scott