Subject: Re: UBIFS problem on MPC8536DS

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:07:54 -0500

Scott Wood wrote:
> Felix Radensky wrote:
>> Yes, NAND and NOR are on the same local bus controller.
>>
>> Maybe powerpc folks can provide some insight here.
>> Is it possible that simultaneous access to NOR and NAND
>> on MPC8536 can result in NAND timeouts ?
> 
> I've heard other reports of such problems with eLBC, but was unable to 
> reproduce it myself last time I tried.  Could you reduce this down to a 
> minimal set of specific reproduction instructions (e.g. eliminate UBI if 
> possible, or else explain how to set up UBI)?

OK, I was able to reproduce the problem on mpc8572 simply by sticking a 
read to NOR flash inside fsl_elbc_run_command -- I'm not sure what 
happened last time I tried.

I suppose we'll need a special NOR mapping driver that does some sync 
with the NAND driver.

-Scott