Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/3] powerpc/fsl: 85xx: add cache-sram support

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 11:04:02 -0600

Mahajan Vivek-B08308 wrote:
>> From: Wood Scott-B07421 
>> Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 11:09 PM
>>> Cache-sram does not have any device tree entry since it is not a 
>>> hardware as such. Putting it under chosen can be another option.
>>> I think, Scott (cc'ed) was of the opinion that since 32b 
>> base address 
>>> support is missing; so there is no point in moving this 
>> address to the 
>>> command line and .config should be okay for now for it.
>> I don't know what you mean by "32b base address support is 
>> missing".  I have no objection to putting it on the command line.
> 
> It was a typo, it should be missing 36b address support. Since the
> kernel 
> did not run under different environment (i.e 32b / 36b base address); so
> it 
> was decided that .config may be okay for this.

The kernel *will* run with a 36-bit address map even if some of our 
drivers don't support it right at the moment -- so we should be planning 
for it.

-Scott