Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] Crypto: Talitos: Support for Async_tx XOR offload

From: Dan Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:47:48 -0700

Kumar Gala wrote:
>>> Changes with respect to v1 as per comments received
>>> o. Rebased to linux-next as of 20091216
>>> o. The selection is based exclusive of fsldma
>>> o. Intoduced a new Kernel Configuration variable
>>>   *. This enables selecting the Cryptographic functionality
>>>      of Talitos along with fsldma.
>>>   *. Disables the XOR parity calculation offload, if fsldma enabled
>>>      either as kernel in-built or as a module
>>>   *. Once the inter-operability with fsldma is resolved, this option
>>>      can be removed
>> wait, why can't the interoperability bug be fixed in the first place?
> 
> I agree w/Kim.  We need to better understand what the bug is and how to reproduce it so we can get to the root cause.
> 
> Paper taping over it by disabling fsldma is not the right solution.

Hopefully this prompts fsldma authors to get involved because the 
interoperability issue has been out there without comment*, just 
band-aids, since October.

--
Dan

* well one comment from Ira saying the interrupt functionality worked 
for him.