Subject: 34-rc1-git3 build failure with CGROUP_MEM_RES_CTLR_SWAP=y

From: Sachin Sant <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:18:06 +0530

On a PowerPC box, latest 34-rc1 git(d89b218b8...) fails to build
with CGROUPS_MEM_RES_CTRL_SWAP=y. 

LD      init/built-in.o
LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
mm/built-in.o: In function __xchg:
arch/powerpc/include/asm/system.h:331: undefined reference to .__xchg_called_with_bad_pointer
mm/built-in.o: In function __cmpxchg:
arch/powerpc/include/asm/system.h:474: undefined reference to .__cmpxchg_called_with_bad_pointer
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

The code in question was added via commit 024914477e...

memcg: move charges of anonymous swap

Thanks
-Sachin

-- 

---------------------------------
Sachin Sant
IBM Linux Technology Center
India Systems and Technology Labs
Bangalore, India
---------------------------------