Subject: Re: Problem with PCI bus rescan on 460EX

From: Felix Radensky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:07:45 +0300

Hi Ben,

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 12:13 +0300, Felix Radensky wrote:
>
>   
>> I've tried Jesse's tree with Yinghai's patches, but they don't seem to help.
>> Memory for bridge is not allocated after insertion of hotplug device and
>> bus rescan. Attached dmesg output in case of success and failure.
>>     
>
> I'd recommend that for now, your platform uses a quirk to manually
> resize the bridge resource to make room for future hotplug on it.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben.
>   

I've submitted a patch to do that. See 
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/88769

Felix.