Subject: Re: Problem with PCI bus rescan on 460EX

From: Felix Radensky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:35:59 +0300

Hello Kenji-san,

Kenji Kaneshige wrote:
>
>
> Felix, I think assigning hpXXsize at boot time is the simpler solution,
> if it is acceptable workaround for you. And as Yinghai suggested in the
> another email, removing slot's parent bridge first should be one of the
> workaround. But the problem is whether it is acceptable for you, because
> your hotplug problem seems a regression.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenji Kaneshige
>
>

Both workarounds work for me, and will use hpXXsize as a short term
solution. In the long run I'd like to see the problem fixed properly and
I'm willing to test patches on my hardware, as I also think it's a 
regression.

Thanks Kenji-san and Yinghai for your help.

Felix.