Subject: Xorg on Fujitsu "Lime" with MPC5200b?

From: Bill Gatliff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:07:08 -0500

Guys:

I'm not quite sure where to ask this question, but all my attempts
elsewhere have come up short, so...

Put simply, I have an MPC5200b platform with a Fujitsu "Lime" GDC, and
I'm trying to run Debian squeeze's xorg on it.

Actually, I *have* Debian squeeze's xorg running on the platform just
fine, with a 2.6.34-rc1 kernel (kernel.org).  Problem is, every single
diagonal line is very blocky--- not smooth at all.  I used to think this
was a problem with X's fonts, but now I don't think so because the mouse
cursor's diagonal lines also look equally bad.

It's almost as if any time the platform tries to draw a diagonal line,
truncation/rounding errors are causing it problems in figuring out which
pixels to turn on and off.

A non-Linux kernel on this hardware, running a non-X GUI, seems to work
fine so I think the hardware isn't the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start with this one?  Anyone
else running a similar configuration with any success?  I'm completely
lost, and running out of hair *fast*...

Thanks!

b.g.

-- 
Bill Gatliff
[email-masked]