Subject: Initcall ordering

From: Gary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:56:07 -0600

I'm having trouble with the I2C devices on my 8347 platform.
The problem is that I2C device probe() functions are only called
once, as the I2C bus is being initialized (in this case fsl_i2c_init())
I have 2 devices on this bus, one device gets it's initcall
before fsl_i2c_init, the second one does not :-(  This means
that the second device is never probed.

What can I do about this?  Has the problem been seen before?
I can provide more data, as required.

note: I'm currently using 2.6.28, but I will be moving to 2.6.32
soon in case it matters, but I'd rather find/understand/fix this
in 2.6.28 if possible.

Thanks

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
MLB Associates              |    Embedded world
------------------------------------------------------------