Subject: Re: CAN Subsystem and MPC52xx onboard controller

From: Wolfgang Grandegger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:25:38 +0200

On 06/10/2010 10:41 AM, Roman Fietze wrote:
> Hello List Members,
> 
> I have tried multiple versions/branches and git repos (torvalds,
> benh/{next,master}, denx, pengutronix, ...) to get a 2.6.34 or HEAD
> version of that repos that compiles w/o errors when the CAN subsystem
> is enabled and the MPC5xxx onboard driver is selected starting with
> the lite5200b_defconfig.
> 
> Until now I'm out of luck. If other's also have compile problems I can
> of course offer to try to dig into the sources.

Hm, kernel.org's "linux-2.6.34.tar.bz2" builds here just fine with
lite5200b_defconfig and Socket-CAN support enabled for the MSCAN. I can
imaging that there are issues with more recent "-rc" versions due to
Grant's OF platform device generalization. Also the DTS entries entries
for MSCAN in lite5200b.dts seem OK.

> Q0:
> 
> I'm somewhat unsure what repos to use in general to develop using the
> 2.6 on a Lite5200B compatible board (for the 2.4 we always used the
> DENX repos).

Please use the mainline kernel for that board.

Wolfgang.