Subject: Re: Oops while running fs_racer test on a POWER6 box against latest git

From: divya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:16:59 +0530

On Thursday 01 July 2010 11:55 PM, Maciej Rutecki wrote:
> On środa, 30 czerwca 2010 o 13:22:27 divya wrote:
>    
>> While running fs_racer test from LTP on a POWER6 box against latest
>> git(2.6.35-rc3-git4 - commitid 984bc9601f64fd) came across the following
>> warning followed by multiple oops.
>>
>>      
> I created a Bugzilla entry at
> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16324
> for your bug report, please add your address to the CC list in there, thanks!
>
>
>    
Here I find a cleaner back trace while running fs_racer test from LTP on a POWER6
box against the latest git(2.6.35-rc3-git5 - commitid 980019d74e4b242)

Badness at kernel/mutex-debug.c:64
BUG: key (null) not in .data!
NIP: c0000000000be9e8 LR: c0000000000be9cc CTR: 0000000000000000
REGS: c00000010bb176f0 TRAP: 0700   Not tainted  (2.6.35-rc3-git5-autotest)
BUG: key 00000000000001d8 not in .data!
BUG: key 00000000000001e0 not in .data!
BUG: key 00000000000001e8 not in .data!
MSR: 8000000000029032
Unable to handle kernel paging request for data at address 0x00000028
Faulting instruction address: 0xc0000000003ad0ec
Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
SMP NR_CPUS=1024 NUMA pSeries
last sysfs file: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu19/cache/index1/shared_cpu_map
Page fault in user mode with in_atomic() = 1 mm = c00000010943e600
Modules linked in:
NIP = fff9e98fc40  MSR = 800000004001d032
  ipv6 fuse loop
Unable to handle kernel paging request for unknown fault
  dm_mod
Faulting instruction address: 0xc00000000008d0f4
  sr_mod ibmveth cdrom sg sd_mod crc_t10dif ibmvscsic scsi_transport_srp scsi_tgt scsi_mod
NIP: c0000000003ad0ec LR: c00000000064c3b0 CTR: c0000000003a6eb0
REGS: c000000109b4f610 TRAP: 0300   Not tainted  (2.6.35-rc3-git5-autotest)
MSR: 8000000000009032<EE,ME,IR,DR>   CR: 88004484  XER: 00000001
DAR: 0000000000000028, DSISR: 0000000040010000
TASK = c000000109a98600[7403] 'mkdir' THREAD: c000000109b4c000 CPU: 19
GPR00: 0000000080000013 c000000109b4f890 c000000000d3d798 0000000000000028
GPR04: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000001
GPR08: 0000000000000000 0000000000000028 c000000000189f2c c000000109a98600
GPR12: 0000000024004424 c00000000f602f80 00000000000041ff 0000000000000001
GPR16: 0000000000000002 c00000010d8304c0 c000000109b4fb44 0000000000000000
GPR20: c00000010df77908 fffffffffffff000 0000000000010000 00000000000041ff
GPR24: c00000010df77758 c000000109fa1800 c00000010df77908 c0000000ff236600
GPR28: 0000000000000028 0000000000000040 c000000000ca7b38 c000000000189f2c
NIP [c0000000003ad0ec] .do_raw_spin_trylock+0x10/0x48
LR [c00000000064c3b0] ._raw_spin_lock+0x50/0xa4
Call Trace:
[c000000109b4f890] [c00000000064c3a4] ._raw_spin_lock+0x44/0xa4 (unreliable)
[c000000109b4f920] [c000000000189f2c] .new_inode+0x4c/0xe4
[c000000109b4f9b0] [c0000000002257fc] .ext3_new_inode+0x84/0xb70
[c000000109b4fad0] [c00000000022f1ec] .ext3_mkdir+0x130/0x438
[c000000109b4fbe0] [c00000000017adb4] .vfs_mkdir+0xb8/0x160
[c000000109b4fc80] [c00000000017e52c] .SyS_mkdirat+0xb0/0x114
[c000000109b4fdc0] [c00000000017a730] .SyS_mkdir+0x1c/0x30
[c000000109b4fe30] [c0000000000085b4] syscall_exit+0x0/0x40
Instruction dump:
eb41ffd0 7c0803a6 eb61ffd8 eb81ffe0 eba1ffe8 ebc1fff0 ebe1fff8 4e800020
38000000 7c691b78 980d0214 800d0008<7d601829>  2c0b0000 40c20010 7c00192d
Oops: Weird page fault, sig: 11 [#2]

Pls let me know if this back trace would help in analyzing further.
Meanwhile I shall do a git bisect and send the inputs.

Thanks
Divya