Subject: Re: Getting the IRQ number (Was: Basic driver devel questions ?)

From: Martyn Welch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 15:37:05 +0000

On 03/12/10 14:58, Guillaume Dargaud wrote:
> Why is there not a word about the functions platform_*_register in my various 
> driver books ? LDD 3rd ed (O'Reilly), Writing LDD (Cooperstein) or LKD 
> (Love)... Is it something specific to powerpc and the books are oriented x86 ? 
> What's a good source, besides grepping the kernel to no end ?
> 

I have yet to find a Linux Device Driver book that isn't heavily skewed
towards x86. Some of this stuff is either specific to powerpc or
relevant a subset of non-x86 platforms.

I think Google, the linuxppc-dev mailing list, related IRC channel and
lxr.linux.no have been the sources I've mostly used learning about Linux
on powerpc.

-- 
Martyn Welch (Principal Software Engineer)   |   Registered in England and
GE Intelligent Platforms                     |   Wales (3828642) at 100
T +44(0)127322748                            |   Barbirolli Square,
Manchester,
E [email-masked]                        |   M2 3AB  VAT:GB 927559189