Subject: Re: MMC on MPC8379

From: Gary Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:48:01 -0700

On 01/31/2011 01:12 PM, Gary Thomas wrote:
> I'm running 2.6.32 on MPC8379, trying to use the SDHCI interface.
> It seems to work, reads are fine, but when I write to the device
> (I've tried both eMMC soldered-on and pluggable MMC/SD cards),
> I get intermittent failures. Specifically, some blocks will be
> written while others fail. I haven't yet found a pattern.
>
> Is there anything special about this interface? I notice that
> it's not really used by any FSL platforms although the driver
> claims support.

On the surface, it looks like it should work and I'm perplexed
by the failures.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this device?

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------
Gary Thomas                 |  Consulting for the
MLB Associates              |    Embedded world
------------------------------------------------------------