Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] fsldma: lockup fixes

From: Felix Radensky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:47:42 +0200

Hi Ira,

Attached dmesg output.

Felix.

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:

Re: [PATCH 0/8] fsldma: lockup fixes

Date:

Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:16:24 -0800

From:

Ira W. Snyder <[email-masked]>

To:

Felix Radensky <[email-masked]>

CC:

[email-masked] <[email-masked]>

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 01:36:38PM +0200, Felix Radensky wrote:
> Hi Ira,
>
> I've tried your patches with linux-2.6.38-rc6 on P2020RDB.
> DMA test fails with the following errors if threads_per_chan != 1
>
> dma0chan0-copy1: terminating after 1 tests, 1 failures (status 0)
> dma0chan0-copy2: #0: test timed out
>
> I've run the test like this:
>
> modprobe dmatest threads_per_chan=2 iterations=1
>

Thanks Felix. This works fine on the 83xx DMA controller. When you have
a chance, can you add "#define DEBUG 1" as the first line of
drivers/dma/fsldma.c and then rerun your test with:

modprobe dmatest threads_per_chan=2 iterations=1 max_channels=1

And send me the dmesg output.

I don't quite understand the difference between links and lists in the
85xx controller yet. I'll work my way through the datasheet this morning
and send out a fixed patch.

Thanks very much for running the tests!

Ira