Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/14] dwc/otg: Add driver framework

From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:32:09 +0200

On 09/02/2011 01:17 PM, Pratyush Anand wrote:
>> oh boy, oh boy. This is a huge number of module parameters. Do you
>> actually expect someone setting all of them on modprobe? And if udev is
>> faster you rmmod and modpobe again, right? The clever ones would enter
>> it somewhere in modprobe.conf or so. Anyway. Since you have
>> already device tree bindings and I assume you are using them, why not
>> move all this parameters into the device and remove _all_ module
>> parameters?
>
> In my case, I am passing necessary parameters from platform_data.
> I do not use module param.

 From what I can see in
   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/76267

is that it is being worked on DT-support for SPEAr. So I think it
would be better to grab this information from the device tree if
available (and keep the standard value otherwise) instead of starting
doing the platform_data thingy.

Sebastian