Subject: mount file system using offset.

From: "F. Heitkamp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 15:21:45 -0400

Hi,

First of all please accept my apologies for posting to this list on this 
particular topic, but it was the closest match I could find.

I pulled the harddisk out of my ps3, because I have forgotten the root 
password on the linux partition.

After spending some time googling I see that the harddisk is encrypted 
and there are no linux utilities that can read/write it.

However I did find that the "testdisk" program finds the linux 
partitions on the disk (see below.).

It seems I should be able to mount the partitions on my linux pc box 
somehow since I now know their location on the disk.

Does anyone know how one might go about that?

Thanks!

Fred

TestDisk 6.12, Data Recovery Utility, May 2011
Christophe GRENIER <[email-masked]>
http://www.cgsecurity.org

Disk /dev/sdc - 80 GB / 74 GiB - CHS 9729 255 63

The harddisk (80 GB / 74 GiB) seems too small! (< 13 TB / 11 TiB)
Check the harddisk size: HD jumpers settings, BIOS detection...

The following partition can't be recovered:
      Partition               Start        End    Size in sectors
 >  Linux SWAP 2          9675 127 42 1593896 192  5 25450514424

TestDisk 6.12, Data Recovery Utility, May 2011
Christophe GRENIER <[email-masked]>
http://www.cgsecurity.org

Disk /dev/sdc - 80 GB / 74 GiB - CHS 9729 255 63
      Partition               Start        End    Size in sectors
 >P ext3                  1566 128 42  1579 127 35     208776 [/boot]
  P ext3                  1579 127 42  9675 127 41  130062240 [/]