Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] powerpc/85xx: add a 32-bit P1022DS device tree

From: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 17:44:31 -0600

Kumar Gala wrote:
> look at how mpc8572ds handles 36b.dts we put common definitions in a shared file.

Ok, I've made those changes, but when I boot the kernel, I'm seeing this.  Can you give me a clue as to what's wrong?

PCI: Probing PCI hardware                                                       
pci 0000:00:00.0: [1957:0110] type 1 class 0x000b20                             
pci 0000:00:00.0: ignoring class b20 (doesn't match header type 01)             
pci 0000:00:00.0: supports D1 D2                                                
pci 0000:00:00.0: PME# supported from D0 D1 D2 D3hot D3cold                     
pci 0000:00:00.0: PME# disabled                                                 
pci 0000:00:00.0: PCI bridge to [bus 01-ff]                                     
pci 0001:02:00.0: [1957:0110] type 1 class 0x000b20                             
pci 0001:02:00.0: ignoring class b20 (doesn't match header type 01)             
pci 0001:02:00.0: supports D1 D2                                                
pci 0001:02:00.0: PME# supported from D0 D1 D2 D3hot D3cold                     
pci 0001:02:00.0: PME# disabled                                                 
pci 0001:02:00.0: PCI bridge to [bus 03-ff]                                     
pci 0002:04:00.0: [1957:0110] type 1 class 0x000b20                             
pci 0002:04:00.0: ignoring class b20 (doesn't match header type 01)             
pci 0002:04:00.0: supports D1 D2                                                
pci 0002:04:00.0: PME# supported from D0 D1 D2 D3hot D3cold                     
pci 0002:04:00.0: PME# disabled                                                 
pci 0002:05:00.0: [8086:10d3] type 0 class 0x000200                             
pci 0002:05:00.0: reg 10: [mem 0x80000000-0x8001ffff]                           
pci 0002:05:00.0: reg 14: [mem 0x80080000-0x800fffff]                           
pci 0002:05:00.0: reg 18: [io  0x1000-0x101f]                                   
pci 0002:05:00.0: reg 1c: [mem 0x80100000-0x80103fff]                           
pci 0002:05:00.0: reg 30: [mem 0x00000000-0x0003ffff pref]                      
pci 0002:05:00.0: PME# supported from D0 D3hot D3cold                           
pci 0002:05:00.0: PME# disabled                                                 
pci 0002:04:00.0: PCI bridge to [bus 05-ff]                                     
pci 0002:04:00.0:   bridge window [mem 0x80000000-0x801fffff]                   
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0002:05:00.0, will remap       
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 1 of device 0002:05:00.0, will remap       
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 3 of device 0002:05:00.0, will remap       
PCI 0000:00 Cannot reserve Legacy IO [io  0xffbed000-0xffbedfff]                
PCI 0001:02 Cannot reserve Legacy IO [io  0xffbdb000-0xffbdbfff]                
PCI 0002:04 Cannot reserve Legacy IO [io  0xffbc9000-0xffbc9fff]                
PCI: max bus depth: 1 pci_try_num: 2                                            
pci 0000:00:00.0: PCI bridge to [bus 01-01]                                     
pci 0000:00:00.0:   bridge window [io  0xffbed000-0xffbfcfff]                   
pci 0000:00:00.0:   bridge window [mem 0xa0000000-0xbfffffff]                   
pci 0001:02:00.0: PCI bridge to [bus 03-03]                                     
pci 0001:02:00.0:   bridge window [io  0xffbdb000-0xffbeafff]                   
pci 0001:02:00.0:   bridge window [mem 0xc0000000-0xdfffffff]                   
pci 0002:04:00.0: BAR 9: can't assign mem pref (size 0x100000)                  
pci 0002:05:00.0: BAR 1: assigned [mem 0x80000000-0x8007ffff]                   
pci 0002:05:00.0: BAR 1: set to [mem 0x80000000-0x8007ffff] (PCI address [0xe000
0000-0xe007ffff])                                                               
pci 0002:05:00.0: BAR 6: assigned [mem 0x80080000-0x800bffff pref]              
pci 0002:05:00.0: BAR 0: assigned [mem 0x800c0000-0x800dffff]                   
pci 0002:05:00.0: BAR 0: set to [mem 0x800c0000-0x800dffff] (PCI address [0xe00c
0000-0xe00dffff])                                                               
pci 0002:05:00.0: BAR 3: assigned [mem 0x800e0000-0x800e3fff]                   
pci 0002:05:00.0: BAR 3: set to [mem 0x800e0000-0x800e3fff] (PCI address [0xe00e
0000-0xe00e3fff])                                                               
pci 0002:04:00.0: PCI bridge to [bus 05-05]                                     
pci 0002:04:00.0:   bridge window [io  0xffbc9000-0xffbd8fff]                   
pci 0002:04:00.0:   bridge window [mem 0x80000000-0x9fffffff]                   
pci 0000:00:00.0: enabling device (0106 -> 0107)                                
pci 0001:02:00.0: enabling device (0106 -> 0107)                                
pci 0002:04:00.0: enabling device (0106 -> 0107)                                
pci_bus 0000:00: resource 0 [io  0xffbed000-0xffbfcfff]                         
pci_bus 0000:00: resource 1 [mem 0xa0000000-0xbfffffff]                         
pci_bus 0000:01: resource 0 [io  0xffbed000-0xffbfcfff]                         
pci_bus 0000:01: resource 1 [mem 0xa0000000-0xbfffffff]                         
pci_bus 0001:02: resource 0 [io  0xffbdb000-0xffbeafff]                         
pci_bus 0001:02: resource 1 [mem 0xc0000000-0xdfffffff]                         
pci_bus 0001:03: resource 0 [io  0xffbdb000-0xffbeafff]                         
pci_bus 0001:03: resource 1 [mem 0xc0000000-0xdfffffff]                         
pci_bus 0002:04: resource 0 [io  0xffbc9000-0xffbd8fff]                         
pci_bus 0002:04: resource 1 [mem 0x80000000-0x9fffffff]                         
pci_bus 0002:05: resource 0 [io  0xffbc9000-0xffbd8fff]                         
pci_bus 0002:05: resource 1 [mem 0x80000000-0x9fffffff]        

-- 
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale