Subject: Re: [PATCH] KVM: Move gfn_to_memslot() to kvm_host.h

From: Avi Kivity <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:22:48 +0200

On 12/20/2011 11:21 AM, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> This moves gfn_to_memslot(), and the functions it calls, that is,
> search_memslots() and __gfn_to_memslot(), from kvm_main.c to kvm_host.h
> so that gfn_to_memslot() can be called from non-modular code even
> when KVM is a module.  On powerpc, the Book3S HV style of KVM has
> code that is called from real mode which needs to call gfn_to_memslot()
> and thus needs this.  (Module code is allocated in the vmalloc region,
> which can't be accessed in real mode.)
>
> With this, we can remove builtin_gfn_to_memslot() from book3s_hv_rm_mmu.c
> and thus eliminate a little bit of duplication.

Those functions are too big to be inlined IMO.  How about moving them to
another C file, and making it builtin for ppc?

The only issue is what to call it. virt/kvm/builtin-for-ppc seems silly.

Or we could move the implementation into a header file, with an extra __
prefix, and have the C stubs call those inlines, so we have exactly on
instantiation.  Your real mode code can then call the inlines.

-- 
error compiling committee.c: too many arguments to function