Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 16/16] KVM: PPC: e500mc support

From: Avi Kivity <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:37:15 +0200

On 01/09/2012 09:29 PM, Scott Wood wrote:
> > 
> > Best to include their signoffs, if possible.
>
> These patches are based in part on a bunch of different patches from
> these people (for which I did receive signoffs).  I was reluctant to put
> their signoff directly on the new patches, since I didn't want to make
> it look like they had submitted the patch in anything resembling its
> current form.  I wanted to give them credit for what they did, but not
> blame for what I did with their code.
>

Signoffs are for assigning neither credit nor blame, but for attributing
authorship and affirming that a contributor has the right to contribute
code or pass it along.  Please read the DCO at
https://lwn.net/Articles/437739/.

It's okay to miss them from time to time, especially for established
contributors, but avoid it whenever possible.

-- 
I have a truly marvellous patch that fixes the bug which this
signature is too narrow to contain.