Subject: Re: [RFCv2 00/14]

From: "Cousson, Benoit" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:13:17 +0100

On 1/23/2012 10:53 PM, Rob Herring wrote:
> On 01/23/2012 03:07 PM, Grant Likely wrote:
>>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Here's the second RFC for the irq_domain patches.  I could use some
>> help testing now.  I still expect there will be a few bugs.  The
>> series is based on v3.3-rc1, and I've pushed it out to my git server:
>>
>> git://git.secretlab.ca/git/linux-2.6.git irqdomain/next
>
> Can you post to linux-arm-kernel too so people are aware of this work
> and stop posting dead-end irqdomain patches.

Good point, I have two pending series that are using the 
irq_domain_add() so far, so it will be good to have that branch pulled 
in arm-soc.

> I tested what you had as of this morning and it works fine for me. Looks
> like the only diff is the VExpress code. I'm working on rebasing my
> domain support for generic irqchip now.

In fact your generic irqchip should even avoid us to use 
irq_domain_add_legacy() since both GPIO and OMAP3 intc are already using 
the irqchip.

I guess you are not going to change the interface so the patches I did 
on your previous branch to try them should be good already, isn't it?

Thanks,
Benoit