Subject: Re: warnings from drivers/tty/ehv_bytechan.c

From: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 16:15:04 -0600

[email-masked] wrote:
>> > That's the simplest approach, for use.  The TTY portion of the driver can
>> > be used as a module.  Is there any real value in loading a TTY driver as a
>> > module?

> Depends on the hardware it supports :)
> 
>> > In this case, the console support for byte channels would not be
>> > available.

> Then it doesn't make sense, right?

I guess that's my question.  Is there a real use case for having console
output go to the serial port, and TTY go to a byte channel?  Even if you
wanted to do that, I supposed you don't need to load the byte channel
driver as a module to get that behavior.

Anyway, that's all academic.  A more important question is: now that the
driver can't be compiled as a module, should I change module_init() to
something else (like device_initcall)?

Should I remove this line?

	#include <linux/module.h>
	
-- 
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale