Subject: Re: Re: Build regressions/improvements in v3.4-rc7

From: Timur Tabi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 13:42:44 -0500

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>   + arch/powerpc/platforms/512x/mpc512x_shared.c: error: 'enum
>> fsl_diu_monitor_port' declared inside parameter list [-Werror]:  =>
>> 70:9, 84:9, 88:36
>>   + arch/powerpc/platforms/512x/mpc512x_shared.c: error: 'return' with
>> a value, in function returning void [-Werror]:  => 189:2
>>   + arch/powerpc/platforms/512x/mpc512x_shared.c: error: function
>> declaration isn't a prototype [-Werror=strict-prototypes]:  => 69:5,
>> 88:6, 83:6, 187:1
>>   + arch/powerpc/platforms/512x/mpc512x_shared.c: error: its scope is
>> only this definition or declaration, which is probably not what you
>> want [-Werror]:  => 70:9

So I think I have a fix for these, but I still would like the actual
.config so that I can be sure.

>>   + drivers/virt/fsl_hypervisor.c: error: 'MSR_GS' undeclared (first
>> use in this function):  => 799:80

I can't reproduce this one.  MSR_GS is defined in reg_booke.h.
fsl_hypervisor.c should not be compiled on a non-booke platform.  I don't
know if the fix is to add this to fsl_hypervisor.c:

	#include <asm/reg_booke.h>

or if I should update the Kconfig:

config FSL_HV_MANAGER
	tristate "Freescale hypervisor management driver"
	depends on FSL_SOC

to

	depends on FSL_BOOKE

or maybe

	depends on FSL_BOOKE && FSL_SOC

-- 
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale